Re: BSG's take/Future trade

on 12/16/01 3:22 PM, Celtic4Hire@AOL.com at Celtic4Hire@AOL.com wrote:

Having a guy like Forte on IR is too much of a
luxury if you team is jelling without him. I wouldn't feel this way if we
already have a player like Brown who we need to develop along with continued
time for JJ.
DJessen33
        *************
   It's funny, I was just thinking that it was time to see what Forte can
do. We are down to a roster of 8 useful bodies, now that Palacio has joined
our other, off-season, free agent signing, Marc Blount, as a useless
appendage. Randy Brown and Rowshown  McLoed are hopelessly disabled, while
Walter is hopelessly Walter.
   Strickland is a great pick up, intense on defense, likes to push the
ball, but is an erratic shooter and is turnover prone. Forte sees the floor,
can pass on the run and hit the open jumper; off the pick, or crossing the
lane. I would expect him to take Walter's or even Palacio's roster spot this
week.
   We will need to have more than that, though, to take advantage of this
team's new found defensive intensity and the willingness (dare we hope it
continues?) to play team basketball and make some playoff noise.
   Our two biggest needs: center and "point guard of the future," will
probably have to wait for next draft, or the following (2003) free agent
class.
   The centers we have, seem adequate, against most of the teams we would
play, in the playoffs and if Anderson stays healthy enough to play 35
minutes a night, he is showing the world (of Celtics fandom), what a true
point guard can do for a team and has almost changed our offensive style
completely, with very favorable results, in spite of coach O'Brien, whose
idea of a point guard, was to have Walker take passes from them, then, have
them hang at the three point line. At this point, we had better find a
back-up though, as Milt isn't; or, as I said earlier, let's see what Forte
can do.
    I don't expect Mr. Gaston to go out an make a move for a Brand or a Van
Exel, because we don't have any luxury tax room, until Anderson comes off
the roster after 2002-03.
   I doubt very much, if we are going to see any bold moves: a la Red; for a
Russell, or Parish at center. How about superior scouting, to land a Cowens
type?
   For now, it must be at least a month since I've reminded Bill, that
Khalid El-Amin is still available, for short money and Michael "The Animal"
Smith, ditto. Have I (or  actually, Anderson's example of what a true point
guard could mean to this team) recruited any converts?

              JB

                           Unchain My Heart!