Re: Kenny & Battie

Was Kenny's technicals deserved last night?  I didn't think the one called
on Battie for hanging on the rim was, nor was Antoine's from a few games
ago.

I could understand if the player was making a blatant attempt to rub salt in
the wound, but when the guy dunks with 2 hands, pulls himself up on the rim
a little bit and then jumps to the floor, I do not believe that should
constitute a technical.  There is far worse stuff than that going on such as
the hard fouls occasionally doled out when someone is en route to the
basket.  They call it a flagrant foul sometimes but I think it should carry
an additional penalty of a T on the offender.

Also, saw a piece in the paper which mentioned that Obie met with all three
rookies to inform them that they all figure prominently in the plans.  I
think he is doing the right thing by reassuring them.  Better to ease them
in then have them get toasted early in their career and suffer needlessly as
a result.  Especially with the team playing as well as they are right now.
There will be opportunities for them to make real contributions as the
season unfolds.

Just my thoughts.  As Mike King says "YMMV".

Cecil