"Hell or high water!"

   I just finished watching the game. Didn't get a chance while traveling
this weekend.
   The Pierce factor. I didn't see him as being a ball hog. What I did see
was a very quick, smart defender, named Hassel. The rookie was able to cut
off Paul's drive on the baseline and had a hand in his face on almost every
jumper. Sure, Pierce could have played more in the fourth quarter, but he
was ineffective when he played earlier, why expect anything different? He
left, we were up by six, he returned, we were up by three and there were six
minutes left. Plenty of time to get in the groove.
   Walker was Walker. Not much worse than normal. Some bad shots some good
ones and many excursions into the lane, where another player would have got
to the line. His three point shots fell in the first half, they didn't in
the second.
   At the point, is one place where I think this game was lost. Anderson
played a great first half, but was no factor in the second. He played a few
lethargic minutes and coach sat him most of the rest of the way. When Kenny
was creating, Joe Johnson was active and  scoring, even Pierce was able to
get some shots on the move, so Hassel was not able to set up on him. Palacio
was awful. His move over half court, give the ball to Walker, kills the
offense. Everyone else stands around. Even Antoine's  three point attempts
were helped, in the first half, by getting better looks from Kenny. While
Heinsohn was questioning O'Brien's holding Pierce on the bench so long, he
also called for Anderson in the last five minutes.
   Another key factor was the play of Brad Miller. He is too strong for
Battie and too long for Vitaly. This was the first game, in a long time, our
centers were outplayed, but they were, big time. We won't get far, without a
serious upgrade.
   The last thing that comes to mind, was our foul shooting. Forget that we
were out shot 38-18. If we made 75% of the ones we took, we win.

              JB

                           Unchain My Heart!