non-pathetic language

The drafting of three similar players is, in itself, questionable.  I think they're each justified, if not all at the same time.  Have you noticed how well JJ comes down the court with a rebound?  He and Forte could be our guards, each with good passing and penetrating ability, as well as shooting excellence and defense.  If neither is a Kidd-like point, that may not matter as much.  Kedrick hasn't that kind of versatility, but I don't think we'll have to wait very long to see what he has to offer.  So, I'm wistful about the road not taken, but confident these guys are for real.

I still think, after cooling down, that AW, who handles the ball more than others and determines more than others what kind of shot is going to be available, and who by his position on the team--length of service, salary, all that--is more accountable for our offensive morbidity at times.  Saturday night's crucial time was the late fourth quarter, big duh, and he threw up several unmakeable shots in a row (not just ill-advised, or early), dooming our chance to win.  Others may have played worse, certainly Pierce did, but when leadership was needed, it was wanting.  Now, different, less inflammatory language but the same result.

This team, rightly coached and led by its captains, is the equal of all but a handful of teams in the league right now.  It plays defense well enough to compete for victory in all of its games.  It may be expected that we will blow some games, not be up for some, etc., but it hurts to lose to anyone because of pure BS, basketball stupidity.  Guess that like many, I couldn't handle the modern pro player.  Kinda like watching a teen-ager grow up.

Cheers,  Gene
Send your FREE holiday greetings online at Yahoo! Greetings.