Re: Draft Pick response...

Guy stated

But on the Tinsley thing.
> 1) He is older then any of the Celts picks..so he should be better right
now.
> 2) I don't think he is that great....a younger Mark Jackson.
>
> I don't think we need to blindly follow the "wisdom" of the Boston Sports
Guy...
> I mean Tinsley shoots .362 from the field, and can't guard anyone at all.
Talk
> about one dimensional. He is just an assist man.

When you have Walker, Pierce, and if you had Finly the last thing you would
need is a shooting point guard like a Stefan Marbury. Look at what a true
point like Jason Kidd has done in New Jersey. I would find it difficult to
believe taking Tinsley instead of Forte or even Brown would not have made us
a better team, although I have been very happy with Kenny Anderson's play so
far. It looks like the zone defense change has helped him.

 it's comments like " Gee you can't fault the Celts for not making ever pick
perfect" that have kept us in the cellar for the last decade.

These guys are paid to scout players and be able to pick some winners, over
the last 5 year I would say if we took a consensus of this list I bet we
would have had similar to better luck.

it reminds me of the stock market and the belief professional money managers
can beat the market regularly where the evidence shows very few actually do.

> Gee you can't fault the Celts for not making ever pick perfect.
> But on the Tinsley thing.
> 1) He is older then any of the Celts picks..so he should be better right
now.
> 2) I don't think he is that great....a younger Mark Jackson.
>
> I don't think we need to blindly follow the "wisdom" of the Boston Sports
> Guy...
> I mean Tinsley shoots .362 from the field, and can't guard anyone at all.
> Talk
> about one dimensional. He is just an assist man.
>
> Its certainly way to early to champion him as this glorious pick. I think
the
> Celts
> and many other NBA teams know about Tinsley, and passed on him anyway.
>
> The Celts have a draft strategy: Athletes that can shoot. Its designed to
> make
> them more athletic and help them break down the zone. I think its a good
> strategy.
> If anything the Celts need to get more athletic, not pick up a slow footed
> Tinsley.
>
> Personally I think an assist is an overrated stat...
> Jason Kidd had what 19 assists vs. the Celts, but his team still lost.
>

> > I agree most were acceptable but Williams, Moiso, and even Brown, &
Forte