Re: observations

--- You wrote:
You're not a wet blanket Mark, but I'm curious. A question about numbers.
I've heard over and over for years now how we'd be a much better team with a
player like Abdur Rahim. I keep hearing the numbers line with him over and
over again. How he makes players around him better, he's efficient, he's
going to dominate the East. What's the Hawks' record this year? Here's a
player who puts up great numbers year in and year out.
--- end of quote ---

Pierce is the #1 reason we're winning right now (NB: not the only reason, but
the most important reason.) Shareef doesn't have anyone like that in Atlanta
(nor did he in Vancouver). Moreover, Atlanta is basically a new team (that's
why I thought the "pundits" were full of sh*t when they predicted something
like #3 in the East for Atlanta based on paper lineups). Furthermore, some of
their key guys have been  injured. Yet we still got our butts kicked by Atlanta
BOTH times so far, primarily because 'Reef had Toine for a snack.

Unlike Mark Berry, I WOULD trade 'Reef for Toine straight up - and I am not a
big fan of trading core guys. We would lose Toine's ball-handling and two-man
game with Pierce (for better or worse). But our offense would instantly become
much more efficient, and our low-post defense a lot stronger, and having a
point guard running the offense (even if it's Kenny) would help our supporting
cast get untracked. It would be a good trade for both teams: Walker will always
be disliked in Boston because of these tendencies, but Atlanta fans (all 3 of
them) wouldn't care, and Ratliff would make up for a lot of his deficiencies.
Kestas