More Kenny vs. Milt

Hello all,

This debate is kinda academic. What matters most is how Kenny prepares and
practices during the offseason, and how is health holds up.

Kenny at his best, is worlds better then Milt.
There is a reason that Kenny was a playground Legend in NYC.

He is a flat out gifted ball handler, he is also an excellent outside shooter
and
a very good penetrator. In addition he can pass quite well.

Some criticisms levied against him are quite unfair, IMHO.
For one thing I haven't noticed any "Ball-Hog" tendencies from Kenny.
Walker and to a lessor extent Pierce are certainly ball hogs at times. I
haven't
seen Kenny play like this unless those two aren't on the floor.

Now the problem with Kenny is that ...he isn't at his best, or even close.
Last year he was horribly out of shape and often injured. As a result his
weakness on defense is exacerbated, and he will pushed the ball up the court
less.
Also when he doesn't lift he gets thin and fragile, I think. I also supsect
that Kenny might be prone to depression and general malaise.

If Kenny wants PT he will have to take it and show the staff that he is set
to play this year. He can be an excellent player and had a decent season in
99,
when he came in shape and bulked up a bit.

I don't think Milt has great upside, though. He does though keep himself in
fantastic shape, and works very hard. Its a shame Kenny doesn't have his
personality.

Actually even though I am the premiere Kenny fan on this list...
I don't hold out that much hope for him, anymore. It doesn't seem like he has
the "fire" needed to play at the NBA level.

I also think Joe Johnson or Forte might be able to play the point as well
as Palacio against some teams. Walker as the point is a bad idea though.
He is too slow.

Pete