Re: Kenny vs. Milt

On Thursday, August 23, 2001, at 05:54 PM, Celtic4Hire@aol.com wrote:

> You guys that are thinking that Forte is going to get any minutes playing
> point guard this year are dreaming. Forte is going to spend the few
> minutes
> that he gets just learning how to get his shot off against NBA players.
> He is
> going to be lucky if he is get enough minutes for that.

You're right.  I didn't mean to suggest that I thought Forte was going to
get a whole mess load of time at the point, merely that he might
eventually be able to play the position, or some facsimile thereof that
the Celtics happen to require at the time.  I expect JJ and K. Brown to
get the bulk of minutes available to the three rooks.  But, you guys who
are looking only at this season are clearly not dreaming enough: I'm in
for the long haul, and am thinking far down the road.

Joe Johnson is the only guy who's even come close to showing that he's
NBA-ready, though I think Kedrick Brown could do so this year (athletic
ability doesn't equal basketball savvy).  It's gravy if Joe Forte even
contributes to the team in a meaningful way, his comments notwithstanding
(though I do like the sentiment and attitude he's displaying).

(The Celtic "Tird",
  Celticus "tirdius")