Re: Kenny vs. Milt

In a message dated 8/23/01 2:31:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time, awang@MIT.EDU
writes:

> Palacio, on the other hand, is never branded a "shoot first" point guard
> because he doesn't have the ability. If he ever averages 14 ppg, he really
> will be "Miracle Milt."

I think many of us make the mistake of judging Palacio as if he were a
veteran journeyman. In fact, if not for less than 400 minutes played at
Vancouver, he'd have been a rookie last year. Maybe he won't ever average 14
points per game but he had a number of double digit games down the stretch
last year with many of those points coming at the Free Throw line at crunch
time. With all the shooters on this team Palacio shouldn't get more than
about 6 shots per game -- assuming half of those are layups. The point is
this -- he's far from being a star but he deserves better than to be
dismissed as a "scrub". He improved as the season progressed. Hopefully that
improvement will continue.

George