Re: The answer on the Philly pick

on 8/13/01 10:56 AM, Berry, Mark  S at berrym@BATTELLE.ORG wrote:

This certainly seems to answer the question about the pick. Barring an
Iverson car crash with Mutombo riding shotgun, it sounds like the Celts will
automatically get the Sixers' pick this year. That figures to be somewhere
in the late 20s. Let's hope they use McLeod's expiring contract to work
another deal; otherwise, this trade does nothing but pad the pocketbook.

Mark

    The pocketbook? Only short term, if I understand it. McCleod makes a
little less than Moiso this year.
   The other rationale for the trade, was that we didn't have to sign
Rowshown, after this season and save Moiso's guarranteed year, remaining on
his contract, as well as having a bit less exposure to that dreaded luxury
tax.
   On the other hand, if we draft a player with Philly's pick, we will have
to pay him guarranteed money. Are we ready for the C's to renounce a first
round pick, even a late one?
   Maybe Philly gets the last laugh, although, it seems we traded our; "pain
in the neck" for their; "pain in the leg."
-JB-

Unchain My Heart!