"Gave Mercer Away?"

Mark Berry referred to:

<<the disastrous Mercer-Fortson trade (regardless of how you feel about
Fortson, his injury basically meant the Celts gave Mercer away)... >>

I don't see how you can draw that conclusion, Mark.  Isn't the net result
of the Mercer trade that the C's gave up Mercer and took on the albatross
that is Eric Williams' contract in exchange for Kedrick Brown and Joseph
Forte?  Isn't the hope that at least one of those two will turn into the
quality 2-guard we hoped Mercer would be before he hired Master P and
started demanding 30 shots a game?  If that happens, then wasn't that
trade worthwhile?

Michael Gooen
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/