Re: Trying to make up my mind...

I think it's easy to find reasons for making this trade.  First, the Celtics
were not happy with Moiso's development.  Second, Moiso was not happy about
his situation.  Third, the trade helps the Celtics financially.

I would agree with people who say that McLeod was more of a throw-in than
someone the C's were persuing.  Quotes from Wallace/Papile, saying how
McLeod fits in with O'Brien's desire for shooters and scorers, don't cut
it for me.  Otherwise, they would have shown at least some effort to resign
Chris Carr.

Even when looking at the trade as Moiso for a late first round draft pick,
I think the C's did the best they could to cut their losses.  The chances
of finding a gem with the draft pick we acquired, or being able to use the
pick to acquire a good player, are probably greater than the chances that
Moiso, as a Celtic, would have developed into someone worth resigning.

Francis