Re: Another Sad Day In Recent Celtics History

I completely agree with Kestas. That any Celtics fan is shedding tears that
we didn't get enough for Moiso baffles me. The Celtics didn't trade a
lottery pick, they traded a crappy player that brought nothing to the team
last year, and likely squat this year as well.

I'm not a Roshown McLeod fan, but he likely will contribute more than Moiso
this year and his contract expires quicker. Getting rid of Jerome clears up
an extra $2mil for that big offseason in two years. The draft pick could be
useful in a trade or to keep for ourselves. In a draft as deep as this
years, it's easy to get a good player from 24 to 29.

To me there is no downside to this trade. Even if Moiso blows up with the
Sixers (highly, highly unlikely), he was almost certain not to do so with
us. He was overly sensitive, emotionally weak, and openly pouted about the
city, the coaching staff and his lack of playing time. Not a blockbuster
trade for sure, but how can you expect a blockbuster trade with Jerome Moiso
as the main piece? I think it was a very shrewd move by the Celtics
management.