Another Sad Day In Recent Celtics History

Will it ever end?

The Celtics traded away a lottery pick for nothing. That's what they got:
Nothing.
A 10-to-12th man on any good team, and a Conditional (?) draft choice,
that's likely to be somewhere between 24 and 28. Blaaah.

The scenario I feared would happen, happened.

I advocated them, trading away Moiso before last year's trading deadline,
to avoid such a scenario,  because Moiso back then,
still had some value eminating from a good summer league showing
and draft potential.

Now after a season of ineptness and a summer league of mediocrity,
they then decide to deal him. They don't keep him around for the
regular season and try to showcase him to boost his value from
the present low level; nope, they deal him after the damage has
already been done. Great management.

And don't get me started on them taking themselves out of the running
for quality NBA free agents. Whee, they re-signed Blount and Palacio.
Who needs an All-Star like Anthomy Mason? Power forwards.
We don't need no steekin power forwards. Small forwards will rule
the world.

Which is Walrus' and Papoose's plan apparently. Stock up on small
forward and shooting guards-- the most common quantity
in the NBA -- and then overpay with them for a Big Man.

And overpay they shall.

Indiana's talking about dealing a good point guard - Travis Best and a
good young player - Harrington for Brad Miller. I said Brad Miller!
Overpay is what you do, when you foolishly are forced
to trade up in height.  A position, Walrus and Papoose have
put the Celtics in.
Ray