Re: Another Sad Day In Recent Celtics History

At 19:39 8/3/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Will it ever end?
>
>The Celtics traded away a lottery pick for nothing. That's what they got:
>Nothing.
>A 10-to-12th man on any good team, and a Conditional (?) draft choice,
>that's likely to be somewhere between 24 and 28. Blaaah.

What are you talking about?! They got a player with a pulse (who, btw,
averaged the same ppg as Stith, with a better shooting % and in fewer
minutes) for Moiso, plus a pick (which could net a pretty good player in a
draft like this year's) plus cap flexibility. They got something out of a
wasted pick - something you incessantly were harping about ever since the
'00 draft.
Granted, it wasn't Jamaal Crawford or even Ernest Brown (:=7), but you
can't have it both ways - if Moiso is as crappy as you've been claiming all
along, then it's not reasonable to expect the Celtics to get anything for
him.

>The scenario I feared would happen, happened.
>
>I advocated them, trading away Moiso before last year's trading deadline,
>to avoid such a scenario,  because Moiso back then,
>still had some value eminating from a good summer league showing
>and draft potential.

Awww, they didn't listen to you, a true basketball guru... Why don't you
send them your resume, including the predictions you've made over the
years?  Maybe they'll hire you as Director of Basketball Operations.

>Now after a season of ineptness and a summer league of mediocrity,
>they then decide to deal him. They don't keep him around for the
>regular season and try to showcase him to boost his value from
>the present low level; nope, they deal him after the damage has
>already been done. Great management.

What?!? Moiso likely would've never gotten off the bench in a real game
unless it was a blowout. At least in the summer league he scored some
points and got some rebounds, and looked graceful running the floor in
comparison to those stiffs that populate those leagues  hoping for any kind
of a basketball job.

>And don't get me started on them taking themselves out of the running
>for quality NBA free agents. Whee, they re-signed Blount and Palacio.
>Who needs an All-Star like Anthomy Mason? Power forwards.
>We don't need no steekin power forwards. Small forwards will rule
>the world.

I've got two words for you - luxury tax. Have you heard of it?

I guess we now know the answer as to what Ray was gonna do in the wake of
this trade - rejoice in the hated Moiso's being traded and admit that the
Celtics management may have done something right, or suppress the
excitement and keep dumping on Wallace & Co.