Re: The Truth Hurts

on 8/2/01 11:41 PM, Celtic4Hire@AOL.com at Celtic4Hire@AOL.com wrote:

I am more optimistic this year than ever. I am not
wringing my hands at how other teams in our conference have improved. People
don't give us any credit for the pickup of the 3 rookies but I feel the top
2
will contribute immensely this year. As for the negativism of certain
columists and members of this list, some people feel it necessary to take
the
contrarion because at times, it makes them seem more intelligent to not be a
"homer". However, when people are consistantly negative even when it is
obvious that things have improved, their true colors or agenda comes
through...

DJessen33
            **************
   C'mon DJ, haven't we been through this before ? I was on the other side
of the fence, an "incurable Homer" who has annualy been at the top of the
list, in the annual predictions of Celtic wins. Didn't you chaffe when the
"FOM" started catorgorizing posters, as if there was some pro-Pitino
conspiracy?
   Let's dissagree, without suggesting an "agenda."
   Like you, I see the plan as a long range one, develop the rookies and
wait for the time when we are under the cap to go get the missing pieces.
   My complaint is that the management team seems just the opposite of
Pitino, who may have been too impatient. A few minor moves, a bit of
creativity with the draft, and we could have had it both ways.
   I admit, I loved Pitino's style. If there was a big hole at point guard
or center, go after the best available. Potapenko and Anderson were big
upgrades over what we had. The mystery to me (and Rick also, I'll bet) is
why it did not improve the won lost record. I don't like to sit in stink and
wait for the wind to blow.

-JB-

Unchain My Heart!