Re: Hakeem-Croshere-Vitaly?

In a message dated 8/1/01 7:06:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time, JBMetzEA@AOL.com
writes:

>    My two questions?
>    1. If we do this sign and trade, would Olaijuwon have to get the same
> length of contract as Hakeem?
>    2. If he did, would you want him for three years?

I don't believe that the number of years need to matchup -- however, since he
has 3 year contracts on the table I think you'd have no choice there.

I would take the risk. If he's able to play then he'll contribute. If
injuries take him down he'll either retire or we can apply for an injury
exception.  At even 75% of his old self, Hakeem makes us not only a playoff
team but a contender.

George

George