Re: Monter's mock draft has . . .

In a message dated 04/29/2001 11:06:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
kai_brunnen_g@ix.netcom.com writes:

<<Are you sure this is Monter's mock draft? I don't think Chris Monter is
affiliated with NBAdraft.net.

Whatever the case, C's need to find a way to trade up to

4) Griffen or 8) Randolph.

This is not the year to need a point guard, as this draft has only two going
in the first round.

I would not take Tinsley at 10 or 11 - that's a reach. Bradley on the other
hand, may be a sleeper.

My draft strategy might be to threaten to take Tinsley at 10/11, so that one
or more of the 9 lottery teams above me who need a point guard, will consider
trading down.

Ray >>

I was reading an article on Kelly Wise, the 6' 10 " junior from U. of Memphis
in today's Memphis Commercial Appeal and it referenced http://www.nbadraft.net
and http://www.monterdraftnews.com . I copied and pasted www.nbadraft.net
into my web browser and mistakenly referenced it in my post as Monter's mock
draft. Sorry for the faux paus. Good catch.

By the way, here's what they had to say about Gerald Wallace who they compare
to Dominique (rated at #9) :

Gerald Wallace 6-7 220 Alabama Fr. -- Stayed at home to Roll with the Tide
for. . .well at least one year. This cat will be successful because of his
amazing work ethic. Add that to a special talent and the sky's the limit.
Country tough. Has an amazing combination of athleticism, quickness, and
discipline to become a special talent. Has range on his jump shot, can soar
over opponents and throw down monster dunks. Also out-competes the
opposition. He wants it. Hustles at all times. Nicknamed "The Bird" because
of his swoops to the bucket.

and his running mate at 'Bama, Rod Grizzard who they compare to Jalen Rose
(ranked #11):

Rod Grizzard 6-8 205 SF Alabama So. -- A wizard with the basketball. Handles
the ball with more confidence than many point guards. Very polished offensive
skills. Scouts are drooling over this guy. Needs to improve his shooting
percentage. Has a very good outside stroke. Very adept at taking defenders
off the dribble. Without the benefit of a good floor leader, often has to
create shots when they're not there. Upside potential is enormous.