Denver Post on Stith

I would not bring him back....

Stith's Celtic status promising

Boston looking for a floor general

By Marc J. Spears
Denver Post Sports Writer

Sunday, April 29, 2001 - The Boston Celtics are looking to solidify
their point guard situation, obtain a third scorer who can take the
scoring heat off stars Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker and find the rare
franchise center (good luck).
But what about former Nuggets guard Bryant Stith? Will the Celtics try
to re-sign the 30-year-old free agent, who averaged 9.7 points and was
ninth in the NBA in steals per turnover (1.03) this season? After
playing eight seasons with Denver, Stith and point guard Chris Herren
were traded to Boston for guard Robert Pack and swingman Calbert Cheaney
on Oct. 16, 2000.

"We felt Bryant had a very positive year for us," Celtics general
manager Chris Wallace said. "He managed to stay healthy for the first
time in a number of years. ... He was an integral part in the defensive
improvement we made at the end of the season.

"He made a positive impact on our young players that was tremendous off
the court as well. So I really can't say enough good things about him.
He was a real pleasure to have. So we're going to take a serious look at
seeing if there is a way to retain him." ...