best bets

Based on the idea that our greatest needs are rebounding and taking
the ball out of Walker's hands, I'm comfortable with these:  Battier,
Tinsley, G. Wallace (Alabama SF), R. White (Charlotte PF), R.
Jefferson (Ariz. SF or 2G).  Most will be there at #10/ll.

Battier gives us an instant player/leader.  He just might rebound as
well as some of the bigger players available.  Downside--not much any
way you look at his game.

G. Wallace may be another McGrady type.  He will need to grow into his
talent but I like what I'm reading about his intensity and work
habits. He's probably a year away from starting. (If Chris Wallace
liked McGrady, I feel he will have a good handle on this Wallace's
promise).

White may be the bruiser rebounder we need at PF.  If he upgraded our
interior defense and rebounding, we would have chosen well.

Jefferson:  I still see him as a player--very athletic, intense,
capable of igniting a team as sixth man on offense and defense.

Tinsley:  some doubts but he has more speed and shooting skill than
Kidd, very tough, good defender, and would run the offense with
ability to penetrate and hit floater.  I'd take him.  He's both an
instant starter and a fifteen year leader.

Since we need rebounding I wish I felt better about the big men who
will be available, but I'm not comfortable with Bradley--we need
defense and rebounding from a PF.  I'm a little unsure of Haywood
(isn't everyone) and I need to see more of Z. Randolph, altho' his
size and movement are intriguing.

Enjoying the anticipation.  Gene