state of celtic nation

Leadership is the key: in the front office and on the court. I find a
dearth in both places.  This off season is most crucial if the Celtics
are to contend for a title within the next 5 years.  Decisions about
trades and draft picks need to be made. Are you confident that the right
decision makers are in place? I'm not. These 3 picks have got to be
maximized otherwise we will continue on our current path. We need to
know, is there a Tim Duncan in this draft? If so, get him at all costs,
and I mean all costs. Proceed from there. We don't need a Benoit
Benjamin or Stanley Roberts so Wallace or somebody needs to find which,
if any, of these young big men are for real. If there is no Duncan then
draft the best available talent regardless of position and then proceed
from there with trades. Let's get aggressive. Target a short list of
players and go get them. Don't wait to see if they'll fall to us in the
draft, if it's someone we decide to be the man, then go get him. Just
make sure you're right. Look at who other teams below us in the draft
may covet. Draft that player and then arrange a trade favorable to the
Celtics. The opportunity is here now. As much as I like Pierce, he is
expendable if the price is right, just make sure you don't give him
away. As for Walker, I don't see how a championship team can be
constructed around him. That is not to say he can't be a piece of the
puzzle but I don't see him being Magic Johnson or Scottie Pippen.  It
may take 2 moves to get what we want: in other words trade player A for
player B then trade B for C. There are no untouchables on this team. See
what kind of trade you can make with the TWolves.  They might be willing
to take a look at Pots given their need for a big guy. Since they have
KG Pots may be serviceable enough for them.  Maybe you can pry Wally
away from them and then repackage him for someone else.  These are just
things coming off the top of my head, but gd it, I want results! I'm
sick of this losing and pattycake basketball. Making the playoffs is a
step in the right direction but it's just a step. I want banners, I want
parades, I want the glory. I've got (semi) friends in LA with whom I
can't even talk with anymore without being subjected to ridicule,
snickers, and derision. Seriously, though, let's not blow this draft and
the opportunities it represents whether through picks, trades or
combinations thereof. It sounds like I'm asking alot but that's what
leadership gets paid to deliver. Find talent, acquire talent. Coach
talent, develop talent. Raise a banner. Let's move forward and make loud
mouth Barkley sorry he ever came back. And show Jordan his day is past.

Bob