RE: WAlker/Wallace (was Pierce on TNT)

> From: jeff_chin@notes.teradyne.com

> As for
> Wallace being a head case, I don't think antoine is really any better
> with
> his whining to the refs.

Well, you may not think so, but the evidence doesn't seem to back you
up.  Wallace broke his own NBA record for technicals this year.  He was
supended for a handful of games.  He threw a towel in Sabonis' face
during a timeout because Sabonis accidentaly hit him during a missed
shot.  The local media and fans are virtually calling for a lynching
around here (OK, that appears similar to Walker's situation in Boston
and the "fans").  Since Walker didn't set an NBA record for technicals,
nor missed games because of his attitude, nor threw towels at team
members, I'd say he's "better" in this regard than Sheed.  Of course,
everybody is.

I agree that Walker doesn't get the benefit of a good relationship with
the refs.  Know who's worse?  Rasheed Wallace, that's who.

> I think trading antoine is a good idea, but I don't think any team
> wants to
> give anything up for him unless pierce or our picks are involved in the
> deal.

Huh?  Oh, right -- because he's such a lousy player, right, right, I get
it now.

Regards,

(The Celtic "Tird",
  Celticus "tirdius")