My fear...

Detroit fired George Irvine today. This is what worries me about O'Brien...

Irvine was appointed interim coach after the Pistons fired Gentry on March
6, 2000. The team finished last year at 14-10 under Irvine, who was endorsed
by stars Grant Hill and Jerry Stackhouse. (Sound familiar??) This year they
finished 32-50, admittedly without Hill (but Orlando didn't have Hill
either).

Does it change the fact that Obie deserves a chance? No, but it's just
something to think about when appointing him resident genius. I think the
jury is still out.

Mark