Re: BSG Says Go After Van Horn

Van Horn should benefit by the new rules, but you have to worry about his
shooting percentage.  Judging from last night's game, our biggest needs
are a big rebounder to take care of the defensive glass and a defensive
stopper.  Not sure if Van Horn fills the bill on either count.  He would
be an effective 3rd scorer and do more for us than Kenny.  I don't see
Anderson and marbury co-existing in NJ.  They're from the same coney
island neighborhood and there would certainly be dominance issues.

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Way Of The Ray wrote:

> Alas the luxury tax and salary cap make it improbable....
>
> -- It looks like Keith Van Horn is on his way out in New Jersey. Now HERE'S
> someone who would be an intriguing fit for the Celtics -- would NJ take one
> of the two first-rounders and the last two years of Kenny's contract just to
> get out of the last five years of Van Horn's deal? Hmmmmmm. Too bad the
> Celtics would never assume his contract with Pierce's extension and Walker
> on the books. Just for the record, I like Van Horn -- he just needs a new
> team, that's all.

	  Dave Wickerham
	  aw623@freenet.buffalo.edu
	  Saratoga Springs, NY