An opinion

I just want to say that I wouldn't invite Herran back next year if the game
was the same. He isn't a very good dribbler as he favors his right greatly.
His defense is poor as he seriously lacks quickness. However, he is starting
to show that he is a good 3-point shooter. Therefore, I guess I would have to
bring him back because of the rule changes putting the emphasis on shooting
rather than penetration and slashing....BTW, it seems to me that the new game
will put an emphasis on post play and spot up shooting. If you are a good
post player and can get the sweet spot in the post, you just wait 3 seconds
and then you can spin to the basket. Each player on the floor will have to be
able to shoot well. Being a great athlete or slasher is less important
because the isolation game goes away. In addition, being just big like Shaq
and bulling your way to the basket won't work because you are going to have
to bull your way thru 2 guys inside of one. However, if you get the sweet
spot first like I earlier mentioned, it is jambolya. Leapers like Battie
might benefit because I expect a lot of lobs to the basket as defensive
players won't necessairly be able to keep themselves between the offensive
player and the basket...I wouldn't waste a early pick on a point guard. I
think the Celts will be able to pick up Tinsley or Sasser with the late
pick....I really like Richard Jefferson of Arizona....I think Moiso could
also do well in the new season. He did well when he was working in the post.
He screwed up when he tried to take people off the dribble. Again, the
benefits of slashing go way down. I am assuming the Moiso can pick up the
other parts of the game once he gets regular playing time....

DJessen33