re: Defending Ray

From: "Berry, Mark S" <berrym@BATTELLE.ORG>

I'm no fan of some of the personal attacks Ray has dished out from time to
time, but hasn't everyone been a little hard on him for a couple of trade
suggestions?

I see. So Ray/kai/Way's entitled to his opinion, but no one else is? I guess trade suggestions are OK; responding to them is not.

For the most part, the people on this list are the most patient I've ever
encountered--the idea of "waiting til next year" never gets old with some.
But those same people have no patience for Ray's suggestions.

Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, remember. Anyway, these are two different things, aren't they? For instance, I'm impatient when I don't get my breakfast pancakes in short order, but I am willing to be patient in order to see what happens with the nucleus of the Celtic team right now. Does this make me impatient or patient? Can't I be both?

So let's give Ray a break until he does something to warrant the attacks.

I think people who are responding to Way/kai/Ray's posts are, in fact, doing exactly that. (For the most part.) These "attacks" (as you call them) are merely responses to Ray's posts. If you want to see a real "attack" I point you to Ray's post where he calls listmembers some really uncreative names.

Some of you may think he offers nothing to the list, but I think he sparks
discussion. You just have to accept it for what it's worth--his opinion.

I'm sure we can accept that. Perhaps you'll do us the kindness of accepting the responses (they are opinions, too, after all) to these "opinions" Ray/kai/Way has?

You see, it's fine if you want to discuss trade suggestions with Ray/Way/kai. Please do so. It's also fine if others would like to mention that Ray/way/kai's prognostications are often wrong, and, because they are often "guaranteed" by the guy with the "big basketball clue", if these people want to use a little humor to "dig" at these predictions, well, I think that's warranted.

If one sets one's self up as an expert, then one must expect to be taken down a peg when one is incorrect.

Regards,

(The Celtic "Tird",
Celticus "tirdius")
mailto:celtictird@yahoo.com

P.S. Seriously, does anyone know if Ernest Brown is still a Globetrotter?