Defending Ray

I'm no fan of some of the personal attacks Ray has dished out from time to
time, but hasn't everyone been a little hard on him for a couple of trade
suggestions? Is it just the timing or is no one allowed to talk about
possible trades anymore? Are we so secure with this team that is battling
for the last playoff spot that any suggestions of change are ridiculed?

For the most part, the people on this list are the most patient I've ever
encountered--the idea of "waiting til next year" never gets old with some.
But those same people have no patience for Ray's suggestions.

Anyway, he's right... the Lakers probably could demand Pierce and Walker for
Kobe because they're going to get  similar offers from around the league.
Pierce is great, but he's not Kobe. Championship teams are built around
players like Kobe. History has shown in the NBA that you can't overpay for
that kind of talent.

So let's give Ray a break until he does something to warrant the attacks.
Some of you may think he offers nothing to the list, but I think he sparks
discussion. You just have to accept it for what it's worth--his opinion.

Mark