Almost Beating LA

I am very proud of the Cs' effort last night -- clearly it was one of
those nights when nothing was going right, yet they perservered and almost
came all the way back from oblivion.  It was especially great to see the
end of the bench getting it done.  Kudos to Griffin for starting the
rally, to Herren for his hard-nosed play at both ends and especially to
Walter McCarty for finally making productive use of that athletic ability
of his.  Raining 3s?  Pushing Shaq out of the paint?  Who WAS that guy?

And did anyone else notice that Blount actually did a pretty decent job of
disrupting Shaq for a good chunk of the time he was guarding him?  Once he
learns (or is instructed) to avoid the stupid double teams and simply stay
with his man, he's going to be very helpful.

Even if they don't make the playoffs, I'm happy with the way this year has
turned out.  I hope they keep O'Brien and don't make any rash player
moves, ESPECIALLY involving Pierce or Walker.  If they can find a way to
jettison Kenny, turn Randy Brown into a coach and draft wisely, next
year's Celtics could turn out like the Mavs did this year.

Michael Gooen

P.S.  Has anyone kept track of Ray's Bizarro World Celtics roster?  I've
forgotten -- is the starting center Michael Olowokandi or Ernest Brown?
Can anyone lay their hands on the 1980 mailing list archive in which Ray
touted Joe Barry Carroll as the next Wilt Chamberlain?