McCarty

well well - he may look ridiculous in Pitino's headless chicken outbreak,
but Walter McCarty did a good job man-to-man on Shaq.  He fronted him
beautifully.  And he's one of the few players in the NBA with arms long
enough to totally wrap around the guy.  Not that it mattered - Shaq had
long since done his damage by the time Walter had much to say about it.
And, Walter consistently beat O'Neal down the court (not that anyone got
him the ball.)

Randy Brown clocked his hip and was taken off on a stretcher.  Herren got a
bunch of playing time, and moved things right along.  Is Moiso back on IR?
I thought we'd see him when the Lakers were up by 20+, but no go.   Adrian
Griffin had a great stretch - maybe he's returning to form.  He sure is a
good player to have around.  I think we mostly need some beef in the front
court.  Bo Outlaw and Croshere had recent field days in the paint.  Would
have been nice to pick up either Jerome Williams or Lorenzen Wright.  I
don't think we'll get it in the draft.

Weighing in on Kobe Bryant -- how often is the kid out injured?  MJ, other
than his one major injury, was pretty much a horse.  As is Antoine, and
Pierce for that matter. No small detail (see Penny Hardaway).

  --Ellie