Re: McCarty

--- You wrote:
well well - he may look ridiculous in Pitino's headless chicken outbreak,
but Walter McCarty did a good job man-to-man on Shaq.
--- end of quote ---

Waltah had his best game ever, no question about that.

--- You wrote:
Randy Brown clocked his hip and was taken off on a stretcher.
--- end of quote ---

I hope that this latest incident convinces him that it's time to retire, if
he's still undecided. When so little contact causes so much pain and a serious
injury, you know it's time to hang 'em up.

--- You wrote:
Herren got a
bunch of playing time, and moved things right along.
--- end of quote ---

Yes, his stat line was mostly 0s, but he did look quite sharp on the floor.
While it's a bummer for Randy, his injury will let us get a better handle on
Herren.

--- You wrote:
Is Moiso back on IR?
--- end of quote ---

Yup, that pesky patellar tendonitis flaring up again... :)

--- You wrote:
  Adrian
Griffin had a great stretch - maybe he's returning to form.  He sure is a
good player to have around.
--- end of quote ---

He looked good, and shot well, too. The way he stared down Shaq just shows what
kind of guy he is. I really hope they keep him.

--- You wrote:
  Bo Outlaw and Croshere had recent field days in the paint.
--- end of quote ---

...and Grant, and Brand, and everyone else whom Toine "guards". I've been
watching him "play" defense more closely the last few games. He basically
doesn't guard anyone most of the time, and when his man goes to the hoop for a
layup or a dunk, it's a complete surprise to him. When he does decide to guard
someone, he often just joins a double-team, or picks up someone else's player,
seemingly at random, letting someone else scramble to get to HIS man (like on
the killer shot by Grant last night). I would absolutely hate having a teammate
like that on defense - you're basically playing a man down. This has to be
taken into consideration when evaluating him as a player. Since Obie obviously
lets him get away with that, of course he'll endorse Obie to coach the Cs.
While I like his competiveness and versatility, he basically plays like a
typical  adolescent boy - shooting a ton of 3s,  showboating, one-on-one stuff,
often out of control, and no defense. Will he ever develop a more mature game,
like Pierce or McGrady (who are, btw, younger and less experienced than Toine)?
That's the question that the new GM will have to answer.

Re: last night, nice comeback run, but where were they in the first 3 quarters?
I always hate it when Fox and Shaw help finish us off, especially the latter.
At least Fox was a true Celtic who got dumped by you-know-who. Last night
pretty much ended our playoff hopes. If I believed in such things, I'd suspect
that having Ricky's mug (dis)grace my Celtics calendar this month had something
to do with our fortunes in April : ). But as I don't, it's simply irritating...
Kestas