Re: new rules

I like the idea of a defensive  3-second rule.  Does this allow for zones
as long as they stay out of the key? And, I'm thrilled that they might toss
out illegal D calls - they were *not* uniformly enforced and were often a
chess game between the coaches and the refs. Jordan was asked about
allowing a zone defense and he said he was against it because it would take
away from the marquee players like Vince Carter (and
himself...).  Exactly!   It would encourage more of a team game.  Now if
they'd only raise the basket 6 inches...   I also like allowing the ball to
be touched while on the rim. Not sure about the incidental contact one
though - it's so subjective on the refs part.  One change I would love to
see is concrete definition and enforcement of traveling.

On the draftees - let's hope Frank Williams comes out - he will be a
*great* pro guard. The other kid I like a lot is Chris Duhon. Forget Loren
Woods! I like Dunleavy, but if he develops as he should he'll be too high a
pick for us when he does come out.  As someone mentioned, if enough people
come out, there's an outside chance Battier will drop like Pierce did.
Kwame Brown was the only kid in the McD's game that looked remotely ready
for prime-time (Sisse, Chandler didn't play). But that's true with 90% of
the HS kids - they get drafted so nobody else will scoop them, then they
take up roster room for 3 years while they develop (O'Neal, Harrington,
Moiso).  Not a good system - we need a bonafide minor league.

Congrats to Pierce on his player of the month award (First Celtic since LB
to do this!)    I also like how Antoine is handling himself with so much
adulation going to Pierce. Good kid!

--Ellie