Re: My 2 cents worth

I was going to leave this one alone, too, but a few new issues were
brought up that I want to comment on.

First, I don't this Forant ought to be censored from the List,
either.  I mean, I think Forant's acting like a ... well, you know
what I think (and he thinks I'm an "idiot" -- a badge I wear proudly
when it comes from his ilk), but that's a different issue from
"banning" him.  I mean, I wish he'd self-censor himself, but I wish
for lot's of things that have no chance of coming true.  (On the
other hand, Paul Moriarty "owns" the List and can essentially do as
he pleases.  Not that that it makes it right -- as in Greg O.'s case.)

I'm going to continue calling the attackers "retarded," because I
mean retarded in the sense of their civic duty.  Clearly, if you use
a weapon to "solve" a petty argument your sense of responsibilty
towards your fellow citizens is significantly retarded.  Not quite up
to the standard we'd like.  They don't play well with the other
children.  No offense to the "mentally challenged" (or whatever might
be the "correct" term) intended.  Offense to the perpetrators very
much intended.

I was also going to provide some examples of Forant's posts to rebut
those who think that he was acting like some kind of caring, paternal
figure, or that he has any sympathy for Pierce at all.  By his own
admission, he doesn't.  Anyway, Alex Wang beat me to the punch, and
probably did it better than I would have anyway.

Just wanted to avoid being labeled as someone who was calling for
anyone to be banned from the List.  Though Forant might not think so,
I know exactly what's entailed by the term, and spirit of, "free
debate."

Regards,

Bill

P.S. I never would have thought that Pierce would have been out of
the hospital by now.  Amazing!  I guess a lung collapsing/diaphrapm
being punctured isn't always as bad as it sounds, or maybe the
initial reports weren't true after all.    Anyway, a couple of days
ago I would have said that expecting Pierce to be back near 100% in
three weeks or so would be expecting too much.  Maybe it isn't.
Thank god for leather.