Paul Pierce, of course

Unbefrickenlievable.  I hope Pierce turns out to be OK, and not just
for the team's sake.  What could be so important to stab a guy over?
Insanity!  He doesn't deserve this.  Nobody deserves this.  Thank god
he wore that leather jacket, if that's what actually lessened the
wounds.

I'm not going to talk about why he shouldn't have been there at that
nightclub, or equate Walker's robbery and this stabbing with Len
Bias, or Battie's driving, because I'm trying to remember that Pierce
and Walker were _victims_, and, as citizens, they have every right to
be out at any time of night engaged in legal activity.  To imply that
these things are somehow their fault is just plain wrong.  I find it
offensive.   To those who say that he ought to have been home, in
diapers, twiddling his thumbs like a good, decent NBA player instead
of "hanging around lowlifes" (like Tony and Derek Battie, I guess), I
say that you truly ought to be ashamed of yourself.  Yeah, that's
right, I'm looking mostly at you, Dan Forant.

Get well soon, Paul.

Regards,

Bill