Sportsguy Says Pierce out for Season!

!!!!!!!!!!!
Article Below
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This would be a lot worse than originally stated!
I copy and pasted it below.  But on ESPN's site Pitino says "He's doing
fine. We're all hoping for a speedy recovery," coach Rick Pitino said as he
left the hospital." Now I really wonder what's up!!!!

A collapsed Lung and badly lacerated diaphragm!!

Anyway here's what Sportsguy says as of 3:45pm

http://home.digitalcity.com/boston/sportsguy/main.dci?page=pierce
Updated 3:45pm
* Latest word: Pierce is probably out for the season because he suffered a
collapsed lung AND a badly-lacerated diaphragm -- dangerous injuries, which
is why doctors are still monitoring him in ICU even though he's listed in
"fair" condition. At least the diaphragm wasn't totally punctured. I'm not
Mr. Medicine but I can't imagine a professional athlete could come back from
those injuries in 3-4 months. Remember, the first exhibition game takes
place in less than four weeks.

* Apparently Pierce's leather jacket inadvertently saved his life -- the
thickness of the jacket prevented the knife from plunging too deep. In case
you're wondering how someone survived that many stab wounds... well, that's
how. That's also why his major wounds were to his throat and the upper
portion of his chest.

* As soon as ICU doctors are convinced he's out of the woods, Pierce will
undergo cosmetic surgery for the cuts on his face (with help from a plastic
surgeon).

* Some info about Made Men, courtesy of BSG reader CRyan@(work).com: "They
used to be named the Almighty RSO back in the early 90's but were being
associated with numerous killings in the Boston area and labeled a "gang" by
Boston police. As the story goes, they changed their name to be
disassociated with that crew. The Almighty RSO used to wear Bruins jerseys,
and anything else with the logo. Also, the groups Hangmen 3 and the Wise
Guys (which Dana Barros recorded w/ and was associated w/ because this
hometown crew) are all affiliated with the RSO and Made Men.

"If you remember back in the spring, there was a stabbing at the Ruff
Ryders(DMX) and Cash Money concert at the Fleet Center. At the time, it was
said that a local group was associated with this stabbing as well, which
shut down and canceled the concert. Made Men opened up the concert the night
before and was scheduled for that night as well. I believe they were blaming
someone from their crew for the stabbing, but none of the rappers
specifically. All I know is that they roll like 30-50 people deep all the
time."

Stay tuned... hopefully I'll have more by the end of the day.