Re: Olympic basketball, Moiso, etc.

I love the excuses the US gave for this game
1. They were distracted with the Ewing trade
2. COULDN'T REMEMBER HOW TO BEAT THE ZONE DEFENSE!

Lithuania's assistant coach Don Nelson deserves a lot of credit for this one.  He had the right stategy, just not enough of the right players.  Almost makes you think the Pitino Press is going to work..... almost.

-d

--- You wrote:
BTW, how about the Lithuanian basketball team? I can't believe Rudy T let his Team
USA get caught up in a slowdown game. What was he thinking?
--- end of quote ---

Well, the game starts about 12 hours from now for us here in eNNNN-Bee-Cee-land, so I haven't seen it. However, considering that Lithuania is missing its four best players - Sabonis, Ilgauskas, Karnisovas (I think he overlapped with "Old School" at Seton Hall) and Praskevicius (all 6-9 or above) - it's a very good showing.