Olympic basketball, Moiso, etc.

--- You wrote:
BTW, how about the Lithuanian basketball team? I can't believe Rudy T let his Team
USA get caught up in a slowdown game. What was he thinking?
--- end of quote ---

Well, the game starts about 12 hours from now for us here in eNNNN-Bee-Cee-land, so I haven't seen it. However, considering that Lithuania is missing its four best players - Sabonis, Ilgauskas, Karnisovas (I think he overlapped with "Old School" at Seton Hall) and Praskevicius (all 6-9 or above) - it's a very good showing.

--- You wrote:
n.b. I watched the French in a couple of televised games (no Moiso, so this is a
non-Celtics thread).
--- end of quote ---

I was under the impression that Moiso was going to play for France, I thought that was the reason he couldn't be here before October. Where is he anyway, still at his cousin's wedding that began in July?

--- You wrote:
US versus Japan in men's soccer should be a good match.
--- end of quote ---

Certainly should. US Olympic team is playing very good, attractive soccer. They dominated all their opponents so far. Sure beats watching the "Dream team'' (not) sleepwalking through blowouts - well, until this game.
Kestas