To those who covet Ruben Patterson

from http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2000/0920/759487.html (sorry for the
bad formatting if there is) - direct C&P

                 Wednesday, September 20
                 Patterson charged in night club beating

                 Associated Press

                 CLEVELAND -- Seattle SuperSonics forward Ruben
Patterson and one of
                 his friends have been charged with felonious assault in
a beating outside a
                 nightclub.

                 A Cuyahoga County grand jury also indicted Melvin
Scott, 22, of Cleveland,
                 on Tuesday. Conviction on the felonious assault charge
carries a sentence
                 of two to eight years in prison.

                 Kevin Lewis told police that Patterson was among a
group of men who
                 attacked him and broke his jaw on June 11 outside a
nightclub in the Flats,
                 the city's downtown entertainment district. Lewis said
the men thought he
                 scratched Patterson's car.

                 Scott said he was outside the club that night, but
denied any role in the
                 assault.

                 "I walked away," Scott said. "I saw the guy by Ruben's
car. Ruben was hot.
                 He went for the guy and I tried to hold him back. But
(Ruben) pushed me out
                 of the way."

                 A message seeking comment was left early Wednesday with
the
                 SuperSonics. There was no phone listing for Patterson's
Los Angeles-based
                 lawyer, Dan Fagan.