Re: Have The Bulls Bypassed the Celtics In The Standings?

Way writes:

>With the addition of Brad Miller to their team, have the
>the Chicago Bulls passed the Celtics in the standings?
>
>Let's take a look at the tale of the tape:

[cut]

The major flaw in this sort of analysis is that basketball is not a series of
five one-on-one contests. The Bulls right now look like a 17 win team that
has added some decent complementary pieces and some promising
rookie talent. Does it all fit together and produce wins? We'll see.
Collections of high-potential young talent tend to actually suck on the
floor.

Look at Vancouver, for instance. In a "one-on-one", we could say that
Shareef beats Pierce or Walker, Dickerson beats Griffin, Bibby beats
Kenny. Guess what? It's a 22 win team.

Or how about the Clippers last year? Maurice Taylor, Odom, Derek
Anderson. I would trade Vitaly for Olowokandi in a heartbeat also. It
all adds up to 15 wins though.

Alex Wang