My prediction

My optimism is tempered by Pitino's lame-duck status. I don't see a lot of
high-character types on this team, and I can imagine them hitting a rough
stretch in February and just tanking it to get rid of the guy who works them
so hard (like they don't need it). I'm hoping I'm wrong, and they get off to
a great start and ride that wave of emotion to a playoff berth. But I'm
going to place my bets on the other scenario.

My prediction: 39 wins, no playoffs. I hope I'm wrong, but in a best-case
scenario, I don't see this team winning more than 42-43 games. That, of
course, would be a welcome surprise.

Mark