Magnificent 7 ?

    Roster cut down is 6:00 PM today.
    Barring a very unlikely last minute deal, it seems certain that Minor or
Hot Rod Williams have to be released and we know that two others will have to
be placed on the injured list.
    While discussing the option for the injured reserve list, Pitino
mentioned seven players with minor injuries. Herren was mentioned as the most
seriously injured and perhaps we can see that the "skids are being greased"
for his ticket.
    Who will be the other? Who are the other 6 with minor injuries? Brown is
one, but he will have to play if Herren sits. That leaves 5. Are there really
five others with nagging injuries? I don't think I've read about that many.
Battie had sat a few games, but he showed on Friday that he is ready and will
start. Eric Williams was also sidelined a game or two, but he has been
penciled in as a starter also. That leaves three. Carr had his toenails
removed, could that still be an issue? I don't remember anyone else with any
mention of an ailment.
    I wouldn't be surprised though if one of them was Vitaly. He has taken a
lot of heat on the (message) boards lately and I see that he has no lift
going up for rebounds. The other I sense is Griffen. He only started to go to
the hoop on Friday. Until that time he was very restrained in his play.
    Who will join Herren on the list? Well, it won't be Moiso. We need
rebounding help and Jerome is about the best rebound per minute player on the
team. He also has the potential to create his own shot, which none of our
other big men can do. There is a great opportunity for Jerome here, we are in
need of a starting forward who can rebound score and block shots.
    If you add a productive Herren and Moiso to the core we had and the
veteran depth we acquired, we really do have a contending team. Win or lose,
I'll really enjoy watching those two play.
JB