prediction

Put me up for 42 wins!

I would not trade Walker and Pierce for Garnett. I really like this
guy (Pierce himself named Garnett the toughest to guard in the
NBA), but it's still 2 guys for 1 guy. This may sound stupid but now
the Celtics have both Pierce and Walker on the floor..scoring 40+
points, both can make steals, get some boards,etc etc. What I'm
saying is the presence of 2 stars on the court would be tougher to
play against than only Garnett on the floor. Double teams etc etc
on Garnett may limit his contributions and he would have not a lot
of good players left around him to pass the ball to.

Pierce and Walker are IMO pretty dedicated to Celtics basketball.
All the stuff around what happend to Pierce made that dedication
stronger. I know loyalty doesn't exsist anymore like the Knicks and
the Magic proved this summer. New York kicked Ewing to Seattle
after his 15(??) year service and Orlando kicked a bunch of hard
working players who got that team into play-offs etc but they all got
kicked out to make space for a player like McGrady. I heard about
an interview with him. He said the reason he did not go to the Bulls
was that 'the only good player there was Brand and everybody else
basically sucked', 'Vince Carter would leave Toronto as well when
his contract ends' and some more crap about being the man and
all.

But I think the Celtics could show some loyalty to Pierce and
Walker. They are the stars of this team. Everybody is waiting for
the Celts' break through, give them that oppertunity. Keep Garnett
in Minnesota where the fans love him, and keep Walker and Pierce
in Boston where the fans should BOTH love them.

I'm travelling 4,000 some miles in a week or so to go to a Celtics
game and I would be least pleased if either Walker or Pierce
wouldn't be there...

Go Celtics!

Maurice.