Re: another preseason question

>From: Douglas342@aol.com
>
>"Unless the Celtics ------------- this year, I will give up on the entire
>Pitino era,  call for his immediate firing, [...]

Good question.  I remember it from last year, but last year just
wasn't a make-or-break year for me.  But this year is.

I'm prepared to be near-completely disenchanted with Pitinoball if
something doesn't happen, but it's not about how many exact wins or
whether they make the playoffs (which would be great).  For me,
unless the team makes a real run (and I mean an actual, honest-to-Red
_effort_) at the playoffs, I'll call for Pitino to step down (like
_that'll_ make any sort of difference -- but it'll be a turning point
for me).  I want to be in the hunt during the last 2-4 days of the
season, if not assured of the playoff spot. I want those last few
games to mean something (assuming they don't have the spot locked
up).  Injuries are about the only thing I can think of now that would
mitigate this for me.

>[...] and apologize to Dan for doubting
>him."

LOL!  It'll be a coooooooold day in ... well, never mind.

Regards,

Bill