RE: 2000-01 Predictions

Please add my prediction:

36 wins

I was optimistic for awhile, but when I saw the team REVERT to their old
ways, I was very disappointed.

I am extremely disappointed in Vitaly.  He hasn't improved his game AT ALL.

I guess he thinks he is a football player.

His hands are blocks of cement; he cant catch a pass.

He didn't add any moves to his game. He cannot put the ball on the floor.
If he cant go right up with a shot, he is looking to pass the ball.  ( Other
teams know this )

He cannot rebound.  He STILL has this outrageous move of windmilling his
arms down to get a higher jump, while in the meantime the opposition is long
done rebounding the ball or taking an uncontested shot.

He still bullies his way around in the paint, committing SENSELESS FOULS.
 He misses important free throws of his own too ).

Vitaly is my favorite player, and he has BROKEN my heart.

I had free tickets to their scrimmage at Brockton High School last night,
and I RETURNED them to the shaws supermarket.  I was so disgusted with their
performance against Atlanta's SCRUBS that I was ASHAMED to go see the
Celtics in our local high school.  I was also afraid I would say something
that would tempt one of those behemoth men into knocking this little girl
around.  (grin).

Also, I still cannot stand the way Pitino coaches.  Our guys cannot and are
not allowed to think for themselves on the court with that maniac screaming
from the sidelines.

Basically, folks, though I love the Celtics, and I DO think they have more
talent this year, and the wherewithal to make the playoffs; unfortunately I
think that they will still revert to their old ways, still have bad luck
 lose leads, foul out on stupid fouls, be ball hogs, etc) and still be
coached poorly, enough to NOT make the playoffs yet again.  So.... I don't
want to get my hopes up falsely.

You know, you have to remember that other teams, especially in our division,
have tooled up nicely, even without Zo.  I mean other teams have REBOUNDERS.
Need I mention any other asset?  How do you FEEL when you see the Celtics
unable to coral a defensive or offensive rebound?  How did you feel when you
saw us have three to four Celtics surround a rebound and STILL not come up
with possession of the ball?  Who on our team sets up (boxes out) for a
rebound on a consistent basis? Name one person, please.  Who on our team do
you think has good timing in jumping for a rebound?

I hate to be so negative.  I did get excited a little... but to see them
regress so easily to their old losing habits, just discouraged me so much.
I cannot allow myself to hope.  To see my Vitaly do nothing at all to
improve his _basketball_ skills.  He has not one ounce MORE of confidence
than last year.  He is afraid to shoot the ball, afraid to put the ball on
the floor, and cannot catch a pass.

Argggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................

LadyNada

Not hiding behind a nickname, Glenda Stocks.