my predictions

Cockeyed optimist that I am....

45 wins.  Antoine "KFC" Walker returns to All-Star team.  Walter "Extra
Crispy" McCarty sells twice as many CDs as Allen "The Unprintable Answer"
Iverson.  Playoffs.  Out 3-2 in first round.
Pitino declares victory and decamps for a major college program.
Bird and McHale to the rescue.

My votes for IR:  McCarty and Carr.  Let Walter devote more time to his
singing career -- perhaps he can use the balance of his $8M contract to
finance a tour.  Carr became expendable the day the Stith trade came
through.  Let him play only if Stith or Griffin can't go.  So Carr's
athletic.  He still can't shoot -- accurately anyway (we already have
enough players who are expert at jacking up mindless threes).  He can't
pass or play defense, either (and no, being a QUICK headless chicken
doesn't count).  I bet Pitino could have found someone better on the
Olympic track team.