RE: 2000-01 Predictions

Put me down for 43 wins.

They blew at least 10 games they could've won last year. I think this year,
with some veteran (and championship) experience on the bench, the team will
not be so prone to blow those games again. I especially like the comments by
Randy Brown in the paper after the Hawks game, where he got the team
together, and talked about nights the Bulls just didn't have it, during the
championship year, and they would be close with a few minutes left in the
game, and knew they had to pull it out then. This team can learn alot from
him. I hope they do. The additions of Brown, Herren, Stith, Moiso, Carr and
Blount, simply blow away last years bench of Dana, Overton, Pervis, Walter,
Fortson and whoever else was on the roster, Walter and Williams are
obviously still here, But I think Eric can be effective if used properly,
and Walter should only be in the game in a full-out press effort.  Antoine
is showing a mid-range game in the preseason that he has not had before,
let's hope he continues to show that improvement. Vitaly is Vitaly, the
hands of granite, but he is important to this team in that with Fortson
gone, he's the only banger we have down low. I think Pierce will take the
next step in his game, and will lead the team in scoring this year. If Kenny
can do what he did last year, or a little better now with capable backups,
this could be a fun season.

---------------------------------

Indeed you are correct--opening night fast approaches! Listed below are the
predictions I've received so far. Submit or modify your prediction by
7:00 PM U.S. EST, Wednesday, November 1.

Myself, I am predicting 44 wins. Mostly because no one else has yet chosen
44, and because I am hopeful they can finish a few games above .500. We'll
see.

Good luck!

Rich D.

Predictions as of 10/26/2000: