Miskiri, Elliott waived

As expected, Miskiri and Elliott were waived today, bringing us down to 15
players (not including Hot Rod Williams). That leaves us with 14 relatively
healthy bodies. So somebody is going to sit on the injured list, and a
couple others aren't going to get much playing time.

I think that Walker and Pierce are guaranteed around 35 minutes each. I
actually don't expect anyone else to get 30 minutes per game this year.
Vitaly and Battie are going to split time at center, and Anderson and Brown
are going to split time at point guard. Everything else is unclear to me
right now.

My guess is that McCarty will take some of the backup power forward minutes
until Moiso gets up to speed, as Pitino seemed to be implying. It's
possible that Battie could get some minutes here alongside Blount.

At the swingman type positions, Williams, Carr, Griffin, and Stith will
compete for about 60 minutes. A distribution of 20-15-15-10 could be
possible here, actually. Seems a bit crowded. Everyone but Williams has
their contract expiring at the end of the season so I think a midseason
trade could clear up the minutes a bit.

Blount and Herren will soak up some remaining minutes at center and point
guard respectively. One of these two guys along with Moiso might be the
likely candidates for the injured list if everyone stays healthy. I could
see Herren going because we probably need the depth at center, and there's
the convenient excuse of his sprained ankle. It does look like that
swingman position is pretty crowded but I can't imagine any of those guys
wanting to sit in a contract year.

It really is tough to figure out. If we had a 12 man roster I'd say you
probably cut Carr and McCarty.

And next season with potentially three first round draft picks...

Alex