My take on the Bulls game

You have to say the Celts have really come a long way from that first
exhibition game. They seemed to come on in waves, similiar to Pitino's
Kentucky Wildcat teams. The most impressive thing seems to be the Celt's
depth. The second unit doesn't lose that much on the first. The big
improvements over last year appear to be the additions in the points guard
and center spots.

Herron: You are really going to love this guy. I had three or four "Wo-Hoos"
after a sparkling Herrons plays. Really has a gritty, hardnosed game. Drives
hard to the hoop and can make separation, perhaps better than Anderson. Shoot
well from the 3 with 3-4 makes hehind the line without a miss. Not a
defensive demon, but gives it all he's got. He reminds of Celts of old.

Pierce: Made some nice jumpers with players on him. Missed a wide open three
or two which he should be starting to make consistantly when left open. He's
not all the way back but great to have back.

Griffen: We saw the Adrian of old last night. He did some of the magical
things that you just have to shake your head over. Caused alot of havoc on
the individual D.

Carr: Made a couple of threes but was terrible on defense. Seems really slow
and appeared to run with a slight limp. Supposedly had both of his big
toenails extracted which was causing a problem. (I have the some problem of
putting so much stress on my toenails that I lose them when I play ball. I
presently am about a month away from losing mine.)

Anderson: Some nice shooting when he received the ball wide open on some
kickouts and swingarounds. Steady job otherwise.

Walker: Pretty much played within the flow of the game. Passed out of the
post right away like he should since they were double teaming instantly. He
should have gotten a assist on the tipoff play where Pierce scored on. I
never thought he was forcing anything so not having any assists this time
isn't a big deal.

Walter: Cannon-fodder, although he didn't hurt us any this time, other than
taking up minutes that someone else should have.

VP: Steady game. Maybe played a little better on Brand than Blount did.

Blount: He started and I really like what I saw. I think he looks better than
Battie at the center spot. I wish Pitino would start him and bring VP off the
bench. It would help spread out the talent and experience. I don't think VP
overall is much better than Blount anyways. We have a solid, young player
here.

Moiso: Looked totally lost again, but even moiso <g>. He had a few boards but
after a miss in the post, turned down a few later shots from the post. I
think he is getting overwhelmed with the detail and physical nature of the
NBA game. Looked like the rookie that he is.

Stith: Looked scrappy on D but not yet settled in. Didn't play that much
overall.

Battie, Elliot,Brown: Did not play

In summary, Herron was the sparkplug of this game, along with the magic of
Griffen.

DJessen33