New & borderline players

Hironaka <j.hironaka@unesco.org> said
> BTW, I'm surprised that Rodney Elliot (9 points in 19 minutes) keeps
> getting lots of playing time. Miskiri had three turnovers in three
> minutes. Mark Blount didn't play last night and neither did Chris Carr.

Elliot seems to have improved his play each game.  Maybe he just had first
game jitters.  Still, he's only been good offensively.  I haven't seen much

for him defensively.  I think he's playing a lot because he's on the
borderline of whether he'll stay around, and he might have some trade value

so they're giving him as long a look as possible.  Look for him to play one

more game, then either be moved, or cut, or sat on the bench.

I expect Carr and Jordan won't make the team.

> Moiso struggled (1-5 shooting), Randy Brown started and was credited
> with an amazing 6 steals, while Antoine led the team in four categories
> (30 points, 9 boards, 4 offensive boards, 6 assists) and nearly scored a
> point per minute. The Celtics forced 26 turnovers last night, with Brown
> and Griffin combining for 9 steals. Mutombo was a DNP.

It's good to see Randy Brown play well, and get steals, and see Griffin's
game start to come around.

The Celtics had 2 new point gaurds playing for the first time last night,
and ended up with 12 assists in the first half.  Did you see that, Kenny
Anderson?

Jon Mc