Moiso

I had a few comments to make on Jerome Moiso after seeing him in his
first exhibition game but haven't had a chance to type them in until now.

Not knowing which Moiso to expect after hearing people on this list say
he was a bust before we even saw him play, I must say I was pleasantly
surprised, and glad to see the Celtics seem to know more about what they're
doing than the average fan.

Moiso was impressive not only for his nice shooting touch and moves in the
post, but also he can hit from 18 feet quite comfortably, and most
importantly, he does the little things well.  He boxed out well, and when
he got one hand on a rebound he'd RIP it away from pressure and protect it
well.  His shot selection was good.  His timing on blocks was good.

He clearly has defensive weaknesses, but not in all aspects of defense.
I was surprised to see that he was effective as a one-on-one defender in
the low post.  Where he looked totally confused defensively was when he
had to play team defense away from the basket, such as in transition or on
the pick-and-roll.  He actually picked off a teammate while defending a
pick and roll, but never committed fully to defending either player, so
the point gaurd had an easy path to the basket, and the big man was open,
too!  At least Moiso admitted he's confused on the team defense and is
working on learning it.  Everywhere else, he shined!  A very encouraging
sign.  He's quick, active, and on offense he's under control.  Hoping it
continues.

Jon Mc