Kenny speculation

It doesn't sound good for Kenny's future in Boston. Pitino is raving about
the play of Randy Brown and honestly, it seems like he's a great fit for
this team. He'll stop most opposing point guards, create deflections on the
press, he won't look for his own shot, he has leadership qualities. On the
downside, he's not much of a shooter and he's not an assist machine. But
within Pitino's system that has big men passing from the high post and
Antoine handling the ball a lot, that may not matter as much. It's similar
to the point guard's role in the triangle offense when Harper's job was
mainly to defend the opposing point guard, be one of several ballhandlers
and provide just enough offense to keep the defense honest. I think the
defense is the #1 thing though; we can't get beat at the point guard
position consistently because we don't have some massive center in the
middle to block the shot.

And what's with this new obsession with trying out CBA multiple point
guards to be potential fourth-stringers? It would probably take two point
guard injuries for these guys to make it onto the floor... unless Kenny is
traded. It's possible that Pitino got as much out of Kenny last year as he
is ever going to and maybe he wants to trade him while his value is as high
as it's going to get. Still, it would leave us really thin at the point
guard position if we didn't get a point guard back.

Alex